PERHAPS A FEW BENJAMINS CAN CHANGE YOUR MIND, EH?
View fullsize in your browser
Here you will find information concerning our church and its ministries. We hope you find your time spent here a blessing. Our church is a warm and loving church, and we want you to feel comfortable and at liberty to call on us for anything you need. Feel free to browse through the various areas of our website and learn about our fellowship.
If you are considering relocating to our area, we would love to have you be our guest for Life Groups and worship.
When you visit our church, you will find:
Ongoing New Member and Discipleship 101 Classes
Approximately every quarter, Pastor Jon Church begins a new session of C.L.A.S.S. (Christian Life and Service Seminar). These hourly sessions, held on Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. over a ten-week period, serve to introduce persons to the fellowship and ministry opportunities through Katy Park Baptist Church. Since we have people from many different church backgrounds, this seminar is designed to clearly explain the purpose and direction of our church. The purpose of C.L.A.S.S. is to help you become all that God wants you to be, by learning to grow in Christ and serve Him gladly. If you're interested in participating in the next session, those beginning March 8, please contact Jon Church to express your interest. The sessions will be conducted in the Pastor's Study.
Discipleship 101 is another ongoing instruction held during the Life Group Hour. This class is for anyone who wants to grow in discipleship and knowledge of the Bible. We encourage all who have completed C.L.A.S.S. to take this course. It will be offered multiple times and will be approximately 12 weeks long. If interested, see Pastor Richard. All sessions will be conducted in the church sanctuary on Sunday mornings from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Current Study Topics of Winter Life Groups
The Adult Life Groups have begun new studies on Sunday mornings from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. On March 29, the Adult I Class, led by David McCandless,ibegins a study by Joanna Weaver entitled "Lazarus Awakening: Finding Your Place in the Heart of God." Ben & Lorna Sparks are leading the Adult II Life Group with a book study entitled "Lord, Change My Attitude" by James MacDonald. A new Life Group for Newly Married Couples has begun a study entitled "Building Your Marriage to Last" by Dennis & Barbara Rainey. The Women's Class will be focusing on an indepth study of "Holiness." The Friends Class continues to use the Access Materials designed specifically for the mentally challenged. We also have classes for all ages, from Nursery through Senior High Teens. If you haven't already plugged into a small group, these studies will be a great opportunity to connect with fellow class members.
Missions and Outreach Team Formed
Our Missions and Outreach Team, led by Richard DeFord, continues to have monthly meetings on the third Sunday of each month at 5:30 p.m. We invite all who are interested in helping plan and participate in the outreach arm of our church to attend these meetings. If you would like to be contacted when a project is planned, please let Richard DeFord know by calling (660) 287-2505. See the ministry table to sign up for all mission activities. The Missions and Outreach Team will hold its next meeting on Sunday, April 19, at 5:30 p.m. in the Church Library.
Mission & Evangelism Opportunities
1. Katy Park will be serving a pulled pork dinner at the Community Cafe on April 21. Check out the Ministry Table for a signup sheet for food donations and serving opportunities.
2. The City of Sedalia is sponsoring a "Trails End" Weekend April 24 through 26. This is an annual event and an excellent opportunity to reach out to our community in the name of Jesus. We will plan to set up a booth or tent and do the Cookie Creations on Saturday, April 25, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.. If you would like to participate, either in the cookie creation or evangelism, check out the sign up sheet on the Ministry Table. We will need about 600 homemade cookies to prepare for the event, so bakers are needed as well. Due to the type of cookies we need, all supplies and a standard recipe will be provided to the bakers, and cookies will need to be ready by Wednesday night, April 22. If you, your life group, your Bible study group, etc., would like to help in the baking, please talk to Richard as soon as possible.
3. May is Associational Missions Emphasis Month (Orval Woolery Associational Mission Offering). This year's offering will be dedicated for Kids Kamp. If you would like to sponsor one or more children to attend this camp, your offering will be put to excellent use.
4. Begin praying about our Family Mission Trip to Oklahoma City from July 26 through 31, and how you can be involved. As details are determined, they will be discussed in the monthly Missions & Outreach Team Meetings normally held the third Sundays of each month at 5:30 p.m. However, the next meeting will be held on april 19 at 5:30 p.m.
5. Several men and women from Katy Park are involved in the Prison Ministry in Sedalia. Training is provided by the Sheriff's Department and must be completed before serving. If interested in participating in this ministry, contact Tom Harner.
6. The annual Missions & Ministry Banquet will be held at New Hope Baptist Church on April 21, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Attendees will see and hear about different ministries and missions that they can become involved in. Reservations are required for the dinner by April 17 and can be made by contacting the HBA office. The cost is $5 per plate.
S.A.G. Group Meets Monthly
The Senior Adults of Katy Park, ages 55 and older, have a great time of fellowship as they meet on the second Friday of each month. The meetings, held in the Fellowship Hall, begin at Noon with a contributory lunch, with meat and drink provided, followed by a devotional or guest speaker. The meetings are concluded by 2:00 p.m. For details or questions about the monthly meetings, please contact Joyce Lilly. The next meeting will be held on April 10. Join us for a great time of fellowship!
Perfect "Date Night" Opportunities
1. The Galaxy Theater is showing the movie "Do You Believe." This movie has been given great reviews by those who have already seen it. Be prepared to be moved by the Holy Spirit to evaluate your relationship with Jesus Christ and what you need to do to spread the gospel to a dying world.
2. The Senior Adult Group will be hosting a "Parents' Night Out" on the evening of April 10 from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. Parents can bring their little ones from ages 6 weeks through 5th grade to the church. The Senior Adults will feed them a meal, probably show a children's movie and provide other activities for the children. Reservations are required no later than April 1 by calling the church office at 826-7497 or contacting Charlotte Jobe.
3. Smith-Cotton High School is hosting the "Start a Fire Tour" on May 2. Featured artists will include Unspoken, JJ Weeks, and Jonny Diaz. Advance tickets are $15 but will go up to $20 at the door. Tickets can be purchased from First United Methodist Church (Sedalia) and itickets.com.
"Parking Lot" Campaign
Our first phase in paving our church parking lot is underway. Our goal for Phase I was set at $15,000 and Praise the Lord, we have reached, and even exceeded, that goal! Work can begin soon on the entrances. We will also be having a water shed survey completed prior to paving the handicap spaces. In an effort to keep our costs to a minimum, the men of our church will be doing much of the labor themselves. Please be praying about what you can give and/or how you can help. A lot more funds are need to fully complete paving the lot, so all donations will be very much appreciated.
Online Video Training Available
Rightnow is an online video based training and teaching from various leaders and pastors. They have added thousands of more videos since the last time we used this service, including fun videos for the kids. We hope this becomes another tool you can use to grow deeper with God. Watch your email for a message so you can log onto the site and begin learning and growing. The website is www.rightnowtraining.com. Check it out today!
Spring Bible Study
As followup for our Spiritual Renewal, we will begin an indepth study of David Lange's books "God Has a Plan...for You, the Family, the Church, and Our Nation." Be challenged to know, own and live the Word of God daily -- in your own life, in your family, in your church, and in your government. You won't want to miss a single Sunday Morning Worship or Wednesday evening service dedicated to the plan that God has set out for each and every one of us.
KATY PARK YOUTH & KIDZ LIFE NEWS
TAG -- You're It!
One Sunday night every month, parents, youth workers and youth are welcome to meet and discuss all things concerning the Your Ministry. It is open to those desiring to seek the Lord's direction for the youth of this fellowship. The your program here doesn not exist to just give you more things to do, but to lead, train, and equip this up and coming generation in their walk with Jesus Christ. Come and help us plan for 2015! The next meeting is scheduled for May 3 at 5:30 p.m.
CAT Meetings Planned
If you would like to be a part of this team and help plan the events and teachings of Kidz Life at Katy Park, please contact Brooke Spratley. Meetings for 2015 are scheduled for April 19, June 7, August 2, and October 4.
Annual Fundraiser for Youth Fund
A special thank you to everyone who donated desserts for our annual fundraiser. The Youth Group was blessed to raise $1077 from your efforts and support! The potato bar was enjoyed by all. Thanks also to those who helped in the preparation of the meal and cleanup efforts.
Bruce & Brooke Spratley have begun programs for Royal Ambassadors (RAs) and Girls in Action (GAs) at Katy Park. The week meetings will be held each Wednesday evening at the church from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. for children Grades 1 through 5. Both organizations are Bible-centered, church-based Southern Baptist Missions education for boys and girls. The boys' organization, commonly referred to as RAs, is based on 2 Corinthians 5:20 ("We are Ambassadors for Christ"), bringing good news of salvation to people everywhere. Girls in Action, commonly referred to as GAs, is a missions discipleship organization where the girls learn about, pray for, give to, and do missions work. We are excited about this new missions emphasis for our young people and hope that you will cover the leaders and the children in your prayers as they begin this journey into missions-led ministry. The children will soon begin earning merit badges in various areas. If you are interested to teaching a particular skill that you possess, please contact either Bruce or Brooke. They would love to have several adults involved. If you would like for your RA to attend the Royal Ambassador Conference at the Missouri State Fairgrounds on April 17 & 18, make arrangements with Bruce as soon as possible.
In preparation for the April 13 Semi-Annual Meeting to be held at Katy Park Baptist Church and the September 13 Annual Meeting to be held at Calvary Baptist Church, churches need to elect messengers at their next business meeting.
The Annual Birthright Fundraiser Sale has been scheduled for April 10 and 11 at Our Savior Lutheran Church (3700 W. Broadway). Friday hours will be from 8:30 am. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday hours will be from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Donations are being accepted at this time at the Birthright Office at 1810 W. 11th Street, except for clothing. The church will also be accepting donations April 7 through 9. Before that date, please call Birthright at 826-9060 or 827-4662 or come by the Birthright Office. Help is needed on April 7 through 9 to sort, price and assist in the fundraiser sale. For more information, please call Marlis at 620-0239 or Jeanette at 827-4662. Sedalia Birthright is all volunteer and supported by this sale and private donations.
Looking ahead for 2015, our annual M & M Banquet has been scheduled for April 21 from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. at New Hope Baptist Church. The theme is "Light of Love" and the supporting scripture passage is Psalm 119:150, "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." You won't want to miss this event! Reservations are required for the meal at a cost of $5 per person. Please send the money and reservation to the Mission Office before April 17.
Great News is a-coming! HBA Kids Kamp (Theme: "I Am Not Ashamed') is scheduled for June 15 through 19 at Heit's Point Camp, Lincoln, MO. This camp is for boys and girls grades 3-6 (2014-2015 school year). Our staff (which consists of your Kabin Leaders from last summer) are very busy making new plans for our camp this summer. Start setting aside $$ for your kids to go! The registration deadline is Thursday, May 14. Registration forms and Informational sheets are available to download at www.hbamo.org. The cost of this year's camp is $110
The Open Door Summer Food Program is in need of volunteers to serve children's meals at Lone Pine Mobile Home Park located at 1400 East Boonville, Sedalia. This is an outdoor feeding site and serves approximately 25-35 children Monday through Friday. Lunch time is 11:00 to 11:45 a.m. The 2015 Summer Feeding program is scheduled to start the first week of June and run until the third week of August. Any church or individual volunteers who would like to help may contact Sue Foster by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call Open Door at 827-1613 for more information.
A mission trip is being planned to Nurio Michoacan, Mexico, July 25 through August 3, 2015. We will be conducting Vacation Bible School and doing Wellness Medical Checks. An informational meeting will be held at Primera Iglesia Bautista, 600 South Summit, at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 12. If you feel called to go on this trip, contact Dave Hague (660-221-0746) for more information.
Servant evangelism projects (God's Plan for Sharing One Million + Bibles) continue through 2015 in Moments, Days, and Weeks of Service. Like "Light Up Missouri" on Facebook. For practical resources, visit www.mobaptist.org/light.
Project Parachute volunteers are praying for our men and women of the Armed Forces of the USA who are now in harm's way in Afghanistan, Korea, Iraq and other parts of the world. We thank them and their families for their sacrifices. Those currently on our prayer list include Bernard Abduba, Cody Borgmeyer, Christopher Buxton, Andrew Campbell, Aaron Cassil, Kalli Fox, Falisha Herren, Daphne Hopson, Rodger Johnson, Stacey Kitsmiller, Conrad Kruse, Kenneth Lewie, Daniel Mahurin, Daniel McConnell, Jacob McMullin, Aramis Nahabedian, Dustin Patton, Alan Reed, Jeremy Rutherford, Adam Schock, and Curtis Thompson. If you have a friend or family member currently deployed overseas and would like to add them to our mailing list to receive gift boxes or personal notes, cards, homemade cookies and encouragement of various types every month and on holidays, please call 660-826-2070. Join military spouses and family members for a time of sharing, prayer and other activities to show your concern for our military personnel. This group meets monthly at the Harmony Baptist Association office (1950 Hwy TT, Sedalia). Our next meeting has been scheduled for May 7 at 6:00 p.m. at the Mission Office. The 4th of July boxes will be packed on Thursday, June 11, at 6:00 p.m.at the Mission Office.